Ocean Tides’ Providence Campus is an alternative day school on a 9-3 schedule, 180 days a year, for at-risk boys in grades nine through twelve. Offering a full high school diploma, the school is licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Education, and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.We offer a certified special education program.
Our student body is comprised of Ocean Tides’ Extension Home residents, Ocean Tides’ boys who have successfully completed the residential program, and students referred by their school district for special education. Each is screened by the Director of Special Education and interviewed by the Principal before admittance to ensure he is ready and willing to enter the program.
Given the severe educational problems that these youngsters have experienced in the past, Ocean Tides seeks to provide creative, individualized programs that meet the needs of all in our care.We provide:
- positive behavior program and multiple positive behavioral supports.
- a small school atmosphere – four to twelve students per class.
- individualized instruction based on IEPs and through use of quarterly Learner Outcomes.
- Career to Work – experience and work study at all grade levels.
- liaison staff for those reentering home community school.
- individual and/or group counseling.
The hallmarks of our success are individual attention, a personal, caring atmosphere and a sincere desire to see our students achieve and reach their educational goals. Our success is proven with:
- high graduation rates.
- an excellent transition of students to adult programs or further education.
- high success rate of students returning to their home schools.